[ka-Map-users] auto query

Josh Livni josh at livniconsulting.com
Tue Jan 10 14:56:59 EST 2006

Personally, I actually like the double-click recentering and zooming in,
a la virtual earth.

Also in VE (now http://local.live.com) they have right-click options.
While I know most users never touch the right mouse button, I know I'd
love the ability to switch between things (eg query and pan) with a
button, rather than needing to mouse over and click some icon.

Even better:  The default is panning, but when you hold the space key,
it queries.

My ulterior motive here is that while I know the idea is to get the
interface as intuitive as possible (keeping in mind 'Google Maps
compatibility'), I also like the current ability to query areas with the
rubber-band box, for queries where you might want results back for many
shapes at a time.

Anyway, given I'm not contributing the code here, I'll just end by
saying I'm happy with whatever you guys choose - keep up the fine work!

   -Josh