[ka-Map-users] Zooming

Sage Lichtenwalner sage at marine.rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 10 15:12:43 EST 2006

Hi all, quick question...

I was wondering if the kaZoomer feature that DM Solutions features on
their demo pages is, or will become, a part of ka-Map?
http://maps.dmsolutions.ca/demo/us_streets/iframe.html

It seems like a very useful tool, especially given the popularity of
Google Maps and the interface standard they setting for users.

To which end, I would recommend keeping double-clicks for re-centering,
while implementing a toggle button to switch clicking to querying (though
allowing a user the option to reconfigure the defaults would solve both
problems).

I also like how DM Solutions has essentially use ka-Map as an API within a
subframe.  Is there any good documentation on how to accomplish this?
(Silly question I know since there isn't much documentation for anything.)

Thanks,

Sage
Sage Lichtenwalner
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
71 Dudley Road, New Brunswick, NJ 08901