[ka-Map-users] auto query

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Jan 10 15:51:10 EST 2006

proceeding down the key-modifier path, it is possible to detect shift/
ctrl/alt keys when the mouse events happen, so a possibility is to
detect ctrl-click or ctrl-drag as query mode making it reasonably
seamless

On the same note, we could use shift-drag as a zoom box and right
click as zoom out.

What about:

                       |   none    |   shift   |   ctrl      |    alt
----------------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------
left click            |           | zoom      | query point |
----------------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------
left double click     | recenter  |           |             |
----------------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------
left click-and-drag   | pan       | zoom box  | query rect  |
----------------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------
right click           | menu?     |           |             |
----------------------+-----------+-----------+-------------+----------
right double click    |           |           |             |
right click-and-drag  |           |           |             |

The intention would be to have all this in kaNavigator so that
kaQuery would not be required, but possibly make the query actions
optional.

I think we should reserve the right click stuff for a possible
context menu.

Further discussion required :)

Paul