[ka-Map-users] Scale to viewport

David Bitner osgis.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:39:38 EST 2006

The scale factors are fixed so that ka-map can cache tiles (both on
the server and the client).  For each scale factor ka-map creates a
directory on the web server, within each directory there are tiles of
whatever width/height you defined in your config file.  This enables
ka-map to quickly grab a tile without doing any real server
processing.  This also allows a web browser to cache the individual
requests at the client side.