[ka-Map-users] Proposal to add access control to ka-map

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jul 4 12:56:36 EDT 2006

Daniel, good work!

 >  It should be possible to
 > * write a drop-in replacement for this file to different access
control
 > * mechanisms.

do you already planned something?
is it already working? or better, do you already deployed an
application with this feature?

what do you think are actual limitations?

Using apache for access control is maybe the most secure approach
even if it is a little tricky (you still have to do htaccess files
and so on).
Adding or deleting user is not so simple for everybody and is not
application related (depending on which apache solution you use).
With Andrea we use PHP SessionId for the query system and this is a
feature that could be set in kamap obj to manage also other functions
like access control.
I've no clear idea of which can be the best solution but maybe, as we
have write access by default in the cache, we can use an XML system
to store users and permissions from a simple "private" interface...
just an idea.

ciao
Lorenzo