[ka-Map-users] Overlay question

Yahya Mohammad mfyahya at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 04:26:05 EDT 2006

Hi list,
I just started with ka-map and am still stumbling around the code but I think
it's awesome.

Now I have a polygon shape obj that I want to overlay on my map. The shape is
dynamic and can change its position and shape every few minutes. I was
looking at the kaXMLOverlay script mentioned in the list archives and it
looks like it can do what I need. (Any other suggestions are most welcome :)

I read the overlay wiki page
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Overlay_API_Reference and have a
few questions about the xml representation of a polygon. As I understand the
<polygon> element is a child of a <point> element. I'm assuming the polygon
coordinates should be the text node of the <polygon> element. But what should
the x and y attributes of <point> contain? Is this the centroid of the
polygon? What should the attributes be if I'm  drawing a linestring?

Thanks!
Yahya Mohammad