[ka-Map-users] maintaining scale/extent when switching maps

Base Bloc chris at basebloc.com
Mon Jul 10 22:06:39 EDT 2006

Is it just me or does this function cause some erratic behavior in relation
to the legend?

I am noticing that sometimes when switching layers using this function that
the legend is not refreshed, leaving the user with legend for the map
previous. What is even stranger is that there is no obvious pattern to this
behaviour although it seems to be more prevalent when switching between two
layers where the tiles have already been cached locally by the browser so
the switch is instant, the legend doesn't appear to even attempt to refresh
itself but other times it will work when making the same switch between the
same two maps. I thought this may be some kind of local proxy issue, but
have now tested on multiple networks and witnessed the same behaviour on
both IE and Firefox.