[ka-Map-users] Displaying large images

Scott Knutti sknutti at sanz.com
Mon Jul 17 16:56:08 EDT 2006

Hello!

 The company I am doing work for wants to reproduce NASA's global mosaic
WMS service, beginning with the US.  I have been processing the imagery
and am at the point of displaying it in a ka-map client app.  I can see
the test image in a MapServer request, but when I try it with my ka-map
app, I don't get the image.  The image is a mosaic of 4 landsat scenes
and is about 600M in size.  Is this my problem?  Does ka-map have a
timeout when trying to draw an image?  I have tried removing my kacache
dir, but when the app comes back, I get my complete map, just without
the image in it.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Scott