[ka-Map-users] pixToGeo not accurate?

Sven Borgers Sven at kineointeractive.com
Mon Jul 31 05:00:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a similar problem as the one reported by Samuel Doyle.
When I get the x and y position with kaQuery.js version 0.2 and also
when I look at the coordinates of a point with the new kaMouseTracker of
the CVS version, the locations are to the left and down from where they
are supposed to be.

The same mapfile used with a mapscript application gives me x-y
coordinates that when I convert them to lat lon and look them up on
mapquest, put me right on the mark.

The offset seems to be consistent across the map. I have no scroll-bars
and am using the full browser window. I have tried removing all menu
bars to see if that has any effect. The offset is consistent in Firefox,
IE and Opera.

Another thing I have noticed is that if I put the application into debug
mode and render the tiles with their coordinates, the actual xy given by
kaQuery and kaMouseTracker are not contained within the coordinates of a
tile:
Tile: 528254 x 181590  point: 529841 x 179900
Tile Below: 528256 x 181588
Tile Right: 528254 x 181590
When I use the coordinates the debug puts on the tiles and see if they
are correct, I have found them to be less correct than the xy coords
returned by kaQuery.js

Once you have used Ka-Map, there really is no way back to a static
Mapscript site, so I got to get this to work :-)

Sven Borgers.