[ka-Map-users] iframe passing extents back to containing page

percy percyd at pdx.edu
Mon Jul 31 13:19:51 EDT 2006

I would like to embed a kamap iframe within a database search page and
have it pass back the extent of what the user has zoomed to so that I
can use this in a query to my database.

the goofy part is that the embedding page is a Perl CGI, so I think I'm
stuck using Perl mapscript to access the iframe's properties.

any hints on the best way to do this? I'm on the IRC right now...

thanks,
percy

PS I searched the mailing list archives already...