[ka-Map-users] changing mapfile on the fly

Donal Regan donal_regan10 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 1 05:27:46 EDT 2006

Hello.

I'm just wondering is it possible to do the following using ka-map :

- Highlight a polygon on a map that has already been drawn.

So I have a mapfile with the following

LAYER #start of "school regions"
   NAME "school regions"
   DATA PrimarySchool_region
   STATUS DEFAULT
   TYPE POLYGON

   CLASSITEM "CODE"

    CLASS
       NAME "highlighted"
       EXPRESSION "3"
       COLOR 255 50 0
       OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    END

    CLASS
     NAME "default"
     COLOR 238 230 133
     OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
    END

  END

I want to select an id number from a select box and then change the value of the expression in the "highlighted" class so that the polygon corresponding to the selected id is highlighted.

So I do a
    call(myKaMap.server+'/setExpression.php?l='+layer+'&c='+classname+'&e='+exp,this,this.updateMap);

when I click on the select box.

 setExpression.php looks like this

$oLayer = $oMap->getLayerByName($myLayerName);

for ($i=0; $i<$oLayer->numclasses; $i++)
{
    $oClass = $oLayer->getClass($i);
    if ( $oClass->name == $myClassName )
    {
     $oClass->setExpression($myExpression);
     break;
    }
}

and this is where I'm stuck.

How can I tell ka-map to redraw the tiles reflecting the changes in the mapfile?

Do I have to actually write a new mapfile on the server and then point to that?

Thanks.

D.