[ka-Map-users] Capabilities of ka-map

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 1 12:07:28 EDT 2006

Dave,

its a work in progress :)

It has some basic query capabilities.  It provides a point/rect query
tool that can inform you of when a query has happened, but you need
to actually do something with the query request.  There is a sample
implementation of query code in cvs I believe.

Distance measuring has been done by some folks, I don't think there
is an implementation in cvs yet.  I have a ruler tool that is not yet
contributed, it is likely that I will contribute it soonish (mostly a
matter of finding the time)

Drawing points, lines, polygons etc is a work in progress, some of
the other developers are investigating alternatives for rendering
overlays using both client side and server side techniques.  There is
no clear winner yet :)