[ka-Map-users] RE: Black transparencies with ka-map in IE

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at maunsell.com
Mon Jun 5 19:42:34 EDT 2006

Hi Vaughan,

I have run into PNG24 problems on-and-off, but I'm not sure what causes
it. I normally use GIF for transparent layers, so I have never really
looked into it a lot.
The "hack" that makes the PNG24 work in IE is applied in an unusual way,
by means of javascript getting invoked by CSS. I am not entirely certain
what triggers the function at what time during loading. I suspect the
problem with black tiles may be because the hack is applied before the
image is loaded. Maybe if IE doesn't have pixel information yet, it
defaults to black.

I suppose you could experiment with triggering the applyPNGFilter
function for all tiles at times when the black images tend to occur, to
see what happens. Though I think that might cause some overhead...

Sorry not to be more helpful.

regards,

Jacob