[ka-Map-users] Help, I can't figure this out

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Jun 6 12:31:34 EDT 2006

I'm trying to upgraded to a new version of ka-map cvs and my maps look
horrible. See attached bad.png and good.png. I was running
ka-map_20060208 and I have installed yesterdays cvs.

1) Same server, same software, same mapfile
2) Directorys are
    /u/www/ka-map                <- old
    /u/www/include/config.php    <- old
    /u/tile-cache/mapfile        <- old

    /u/www/t/ka-map              <- new
    /u/www/t/include/config.php  <- new
    /u/tile-cache/mapfile2       <- new

3) I diff'ed tile.php and the only non-comment changes are:

swoodbridge at tile01:/u/www$ diff -w ka-map/tile.php t/ka-map/tile.php
68,70d35
< /* bug 1253 - root permissions required to delete cached files */
< $orig_umask = umask(0);
<
215c180
< //            $oMap->outputformat->set("transparent", MS_ON );
---
 >             $oMap->outputformat->set("transparent", MS_ON );
242c207
< //                    imagecolortransparent( $oTile,$nTransparent);
---
 >                     imagecolortransparent( $oTile,$nTransparent);
293,296d257
<
< /* bug 1253 - root permissions required to delete cached files */
< umask($orig_umask);
<

4) I tried commenting out the lines above but not change.

The symptoms are that the image is not anti-aliased and the wide roads
look like they have nicks in them.

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas? I have gone through my list of
differential diagnosis and come up empty. My intuition thinks this is a
php/mapscript issue except I'm pretty sure that the two ka-map instances
are running the same version since this is a pretty clean system and
does not have any other versions hanging around.

System files that might come into play from "locate php4":

/etc/apache2/mods-available/php4.conf
/etc/apache2/mods-available/php4.load
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php4.conf
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/php4.load