[ka-Map-users] Re: directory structure

Justin George justin.george at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 12:21:01 EDT 2006

Lorenzo, I've already done some of this for my project, we hashed out
a fairly standard directory structure that kamap might want to use.
Each of our projects uses this, and we have standard repositories for
objects etc that are shared between all projects.

/bin - deploy scripts and other useful tools (for kamap, one might put
precache2 here)
/conf - configuration files. My project uses XML, but it's just as
easy to put config.php here
/docs - documentation generated at build time (PHPdoc), and any other miscellany
/htdocs - only web-accessible directory
/htdocs/images
/htdocs/css
/htdocs/scripts - would, for kamap, probably contain another directory 'core'
/htdocs/xml - place to put the data feeds for Pg's XML overlays
/include - non web-accessible scripts (php objects mostly)
/lib
/lib/maps - mapfiles, fonts, symbols, etc
/logs - error logging for mapserver, php, precache goes here
/tests
/var - runtime directory for things like PID

It would be good to see kamap move to something more uniform.

Thanks