[ka-Map-users] Point collision

Wei Yang, Ng - Wayne wayne at datalinktech.com.au
Fri Jun 16 00:31:30 EDT 2006

Hi Pg,
    I was wondering if it is possible to have a point collision system.
For example, if i have 2 or more points within 'n' radius I would like
to display only 1 icon instead off displaying all the overlapping icons.
What do you think? Of course, the user would be able to switch collision
on or off and specify the radius of collision detection in pixels.
    Also, I noticed some rotation stuff in the latest version of your
code. I think its for the icon and the canvas. Is that what I think it
is? :) I have been using the SVG elements for sometime now but I am
really unsatisfied with its performance within firefox as the browser
redraws them each time the map moves. 60 over points is too much for the
browser to handle. IE seems to handle that better for some reason but
the labels appear really tiny in IE.
    Well, I will give your code a go first and also test out for memory
leaks:).

Cheers,
Wayne