[ka-Map-users] myKaMap.addObjectGeo strange behavior

Base Bloc chris at basebloc.com
Thu Mar 2 08:36:46 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I have been using myKaMap.addObjectGeo to lay down markers on my map with
mouseover tool tips, I have had the working and have tested it on all
browsers and was working perfectly until today.

Now myKaMap.addObjectGeo works in Firefox but produces an invalid JavaScript
argument in IE6, I thought maybe I had made a syntax error in the new code I
had added relating to tool-tips and browser specific DOM events, so I went
about debugging without success but tracking the error down to the
addObjectGeo function. So I then set up a new totally unmodified Ka-map
using the gmap data and added the following simple code at the end of the
myOnLoad function in startUp.js as followed, and to my surprise the error
persisted.

function myOnLoad() {

    initDHTMLAPI();

            window.onresize=drawPage;

            myKaMap = new kaMap( 'viewport' );

    var map = getQueryParam('map');

    var extents = getQueryParam('extents');

    var cps = getQueryParam('cps');

    //var myKaScalebar = new kaScalebar( myKaMap, 'scalebar' );

    var myKaLegend = new kaLegend( myKaMap, 'legend', false );

    var myKaKeymap = new kaKeymap( myKaMap, 'keymap' );

    myKaMap.registerForEvent( KAMAP_INITIALIZED, null, myInitialized );

    myKaMap.registerForEvent( KAMAP_MAP_INITIALIZED, null, myMapInitialized
);

    myKaMap.registerForEvent( KAMAP_SCALE_CHANGED, null, myScaleChanged );

    myKaMap.registerForEvent( KAMAP_QUERY, null, myQuery );

    myKaNavigator = new kaNavigator( myKaMap );

    myKaNavigator.activate();

    myKaQuery = new kaQuery( myKaMap, KAMAP_RECT_QUERY );

    myScalebar = new ScaleBar(1);

    myScalebar.divisions = 3;

    myScalebar.subdivisions = 2;

    myScalebar.minLength = 150;

    myScalebar.maxLength = 250;

    myScalebar.place('scalebar');

            drawPage();

    myKaMap.initialize( map, extents, cps );

            myCanvas = myKaMap.createDrawingCanvas( 5000 );

     var marker = document.createElement( 'img' );

     marker.src = 'images/kamap.gif';

     myKaMap.addObjectGeo( myCanvas, -710141, 1303865, marker );

}

Now I'm sure this is the same code I was using before, so is there a problem
here or because I have been in front of the computer for eight straight
hours am I missing something very obvious right in front of my face (more
likely scenario)?

Thanks for your input.

Chris

Christopher Brown