[ka-Map-users] kaXmlOverlay and ONMOUSEOVER()

Sepehr Sadeghi sadegs at alum.rpi.edu
Fri Mar 3 10:14:22 EST 2006

Hello All,
I am trying to implement a way that when you mouseover a kaXmlPoint, it will
display a "tooltip" or "callout".
Typically you could could add a ONMOUSEOVER() in the html image tag, but
since this is a javascript object its not straightforward.

I tried adding a
* this.onmouseover(alert(pid));*
inside the *function kaXmlPoint(pid, xml_overlay) {*      in the
kaXmlOverlay.js file. That didn't work as expected!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The other ways I was thinking of handling it was;
 - on MOUSEMOVE() , compare mouse coords to each point's coords (not
efficient)
 - create a new event handler (KA_POINT_OVER); (not sure how that would
work)

Thanks
-Sepehr

--