[ka-Map-users] gzip-ing .js

Brent Pedersen bpederse at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 17:35:05 EST 2006

works in IE (windows), and FF,Opera on linux. for the versions i have--but
you're right it may not work in all cases.

according to PHP.net, the ob_gzhandler sends non-compressed js if the
browser  can not handle gzip. i haven't been able to find any info on when
it doesn't work, only that it 'might not work' in some browsers...

i'm not root on most machines that i have ka-map apps on, so it seems a good
alternative when you cant get mod_gzip or the like installed at will.
-b