[ka-Map-users] Linux install

Base Bloc chris at basebloc.com
Tue Mar 7 20:06:28 EST 2006

Hi guys,

I've now completed all of the marker functions and am now trying to put them
online for testing, this is the first time I've installed ka-map on Linux
and am having a few issues getting it to work with the hosing plan I
purchased with gishosting.net, every time I go to the ka-map index I get an
empty viewport, which (I think) means there is a problem with one of the PHP
files or the .map file, now I know it isn't the .map file or
data/fonts/symbols etc as they are an exact mirror of those on the localhost
which works perfectly.

If I run:

<?php

dl("php_mapscript.".PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX);

phpinfo();

?>

mapscript is present, as is GD. (so I take it that $szPHPGDModule =
'php_gd.'.PHP_SHLIB_SUFFIX; is irrelevant with a Linux install?)

So that is also not the issue. In the config file I have also set
$aszMapFiles correctly using the full path to .map.

I can't think what else it could be except issues with the host setup, as I
read something on here before about someone who was with gishosting.net
having issues installing ka-map although another poster says he's with them
and it works fine.

Thanks for any input or suggestions, as now I'm stuck.

Chris

Christopher Brown

Head of Internet Development

Base Bloc Cambodia