[ka-Map-users] PNG24 Transparency in IE

Delfos, Jacob jacob.delfos at maunsell.com
Thu Mar 9 19:22:39 EST 2006

Shoab,

As an alternative, you can use GIF for your transparent layers, which comes out smaller than 8 or 24bit PNG. You can then use JPEG for your 24bit layers (providing you don't need your 24bit layers to be transparent). Using the "imageformat" parameter in the metadata, you can force these image formats on an individual layer basis.

regards,

Jacob