[ka-Map-users] Disable tiles caching

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 15 11:18:48 EST 2006

Clint,

Tim has committed some changes recently that will allow you to do
this by setting metadata on your layers in your map file.

"tile_source" "redraw"

options are:

"redraw" - forces the tile to be re-rendered (note this causes a huge
performance hit on the server right now because of how tiles are
rendered.  Essentially every tile causes a meta-tile draw)

"auto" - the default option if not specified, tiles are rendered and
cached as normal

"cache" - accesses tiles directly from the cache, requires a web-
accessible cache directory and a setting in config.php.  Avoids
tile.php for performance

Tim has also indicated he will be adding a new option, "nocache",
which can be used to like "redraw" but which will only render the
tile, not the metatile, thus avoiding the worst of the performance
problems of "redraw".  Note this will only work effectively with
layers that don't have labels.