[ka-Map-users] That grabbing hand cursor...

David Badke dbadke at uvic.ca
Wed Mar 15 16:20:03 EST 2006

In Firefox 1.5, I get errors in the Javascript console (using the
Console Filter extension) whenever the grabbing hand cursor switches
from one state to the other ("Error parsing value for property
cursor."). I tracked it down to the cursor definitions in kaTool.js:

    /** the cursor to use when the map is not being dragged */
    this.cursorNormal = ["url('images/grab.cur'),move", 'grab',
'-moz-grab', 'move'];
    /** the cursor to use when the map is being dragged */
    this.cursorDrag = ["url('images/grabbing.cur'),move", 'grabbing',
'-moz-grabbing', 'move'];

It's the 'grab'/'grabbing' values that cause the error (in
kaMap.setCursor). Changing the order to:

    /** the cursor to use when the map is not being dragged */
    this.cursorNormal = ["url('images/grab.cur'),move", '-moz-grab',
'move', 'grab'];
    /** the cursor to use when the map is being dragged */
    this.cursorDrag = ["url('images/grabbing.cur'),move",
'-moz-grabbing', 'move', 'grabbing'];

eliminates the error, at least in Firefox (haven't tried it in IE). I
assume 'grab'/'grabbing' is meaningful in some browser, but Firefox
really doesn't like it. The cursor does display correctly, since Firefox
accepts '-moz-grab'/'-moz-grabbing', which the setCursor function gets
to eventually.

This does tend to fill up the console with bogus errors. Could the order
be changed as above?

David

--

David Badke