[ka-Map-users] Problem in IE

Krassovski, Mikhail B. krassovskimb at ornl.gov
Thu Mar 16 12:42:13 EST 2006

Ed,
Thank you for you advice!
I changed the order of function calls and it works fine now.
It looks like it is the only one way for now: to keep mySetMap() the
very last one to execute. This is what comment says:
/*
kaMap.selectMap( name )
select one of the maps that kaMap knows about and re-initialize kaMap
with
this new map.  This function returns true if name is valid and false if
the map is invalid.  Note that a return of true does not imply that the
map is fully active.  You must register for the KAMAP_MAP_INITIALIZED
event since the map initialization happens asynchronously.
 */
As I understand it means that it still does something after true is
returned and that "something" prevents next code running. It is strange
than it stumbles only in IE.

Thank you very much!
Misha

Krassovski,
> Mikhail B.
> Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 1:15 PM
> To: ka-map-users at lists.maptools.org
> Subject: [ka-Map-users] Problem in IE
>
> Hi!
> First of all I would like to say 'Thank you!' for all who put his/her
time
> developing such a great product!
> I had no problems to set it up and customize to my needs, great job,
thank
> you again!
> I did the whole work in Firefox (v. 1.5.0.1), but when I checked it in
IE
> (v.6.0.2900), I found the following problem.
> I have four maps, in general they are identical, but have different
set of
> layers and some features. There is a JavaScript function that is
executed
> right after map change is requested, and it works fine in Firefox, but
not
> in IE. The map is changed according to request, but next function is
not
> executed and the whole thing stops. I started to check what is going
and
> found that process stops when mySetMap(...) is called, and problem is
not
> with
> my function after it. Further tracing shows the following flow of
calls
> (please, correct me if I'm wrong): mySetMap(...) ->
myKaMap.selectMap(...) ->