[ka-Map-users] selectMap and zoomTo at same time

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 21 07:48:34 EST 2006

What version of ka-Map are you using?  Looking at the current CVS
version, it doesn't seem like this should be a problem since
selectMap doesn't make an asynchronous call?  Also, you could modify
the current extents of the map before calling selectMap to avoid the
zoomTo step:

var aMaps = myKaMap.getMaps();
for (var i=0; i<aMaps.length; i++) {
   if (aMaps[i].name == theName) {
     aMaps[i].setCurrentExtents(minx,miny,maxx,maxy);
     myKaMap.selectMap(theName);
     break;
   }
}