[ka-Map-users] Handling large raster data sets

Sten-Helge Henriksen stenhh at gossipwall.com
Wed Mar 22 04:57:06 EST 2006

Hi list!

I'm using ka-map for producing maps from rather large data sets. Ka-map
with shape files work perfectly, but when I switch over to raster data,
strange things happen.

The initial map shows up in the way it should.
But the tool bar does not update at all. The scale values from my vector
data is still there.
The reference map does not update the new map scale, and the same thing
happens to the reference and scale bars too.
Double clicking in the map does not recenter the map fully. At the same
time some portions off the map disappears.

If you would like to have a more closer look, please visit:

    http://www.cmis.no:8080/index.html/

Any idea what is going on, or what I could have done wrong?

Sten-Helge Henriksen