[ka-Map-users] Handling large raster data sets

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Mar 23 09:14:23 EST 2006

It seems to me that server have some problems independent from ka-Map

Anyway, there are a lots of layers (groups). Many layers -> slowest
browser (some times can exhausts memory). Not all of them are
visible at startup but when I tried to activate some rare things
happen and no way they do the same twice.

Have you done the pre-cache?
If not, maybe you machine is not so powerful and could be better to
do precaching instead of stressing the CPU whenever a user ask for a
tile not yet printed.

this a first impressions
tell us more about you server (hardware, software, ecc)

ciao
lorenzo