[ka-Map-users] Animated Maps - iboattrack.mapsherpa.com

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 24 11:31:30 EST 2006

iboattrack actually includes time-sensitive wms layers for sea
surface temperature and wind speed/direction that are dynamically
updated with the time series, so it is possible.  However, it is
quite slow to do this and ka-Map is maybe not the right platform for
such an application.

In any event, I did write a new type of layer class that periodically
refreshes itself.  This was for a specific client so I probably won't
share that code.  However, it is relatively straight-forward to do if
you take the time to learn how ka-Map works.