[ka-Map-users] Pre-Rendered Tiles and Shape Highlight

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Mar 30 10:25:27 EST 2006

Hi Pedro,

> Lorenzo,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'm very interested in ka-Map project
> because I'm working on a company's open-source GIS
> project. This project consists in a GIS web-system with
> aerial images and geographic data of a city. The nice is
> that all aerial images, geographic data, and web-system
> source code will be available to download for free.
>
> So, any improvement I will make in ka-Map (if needed to)
> will be posted to you guys of ka-Map Dev Team!

:-)

> Tim said:
>
> ... "I can imagine three broad categories of use cases that
> determine how tile.php should be used. [...]
>
> Use cases:
>
> 1) Static Data/Infrequent Updates - file or database data that is
> updated infrequently
>
> This is what I looking for!

that's ka-Map. If you do nothing that's what ka-map will do: caching.
If  you don't force redraw or delete the cache dir you could even
delete datasources: no more requests from the mapserver.

> Yesterday I've downloaded the CVS version of ka-Map and I saw the
> "pre-cache.php ". What I have to do is only execute this script?
> I have to set up ka-Map to accept the pre-generated tiles
> without re-rendering these tiles later?

please, have a look to old posts. We already answered this question
in March.

anyway, here's the answer:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php?PreCache

Many question can find an answer in the Wiki.
If you see something is missing please contribute.

If you do a public application post the URL. We will comment together.

> Well, about the shape highlight feature I will think about it a little
> and post come comments later.

Let me know. If you don't want or cannot develop it on you own: I'm
available.
:-)

ciao
Lorenzo