[ka-Map-users] Memory leaks in kaXmlOverlay?

Pg pg.navone at gmail.com
Mon May 8 16:35:32 EDT 2006

I investigated the problem.

In Firefox there are no problems: also with long and intensive use the
CPU and memory consumption is constant (and limited).
In IE there are memory leaks and CPU use rapidly rise to the 100%.
Even with a page change the memory is not released.

I cleaned up my code (null all references, splice on arrays, null on
DOM references and event handlers) but the result is unchanged.

The kaMap.removeObject() function seems to be very clean.

I hope we will find a solution before the launch of a new [working]
browser by MS.

(the good news is ... we have a long time to solve this problem)

 -Pg