[ka-Map-users] Tiling for mapserver.

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Tue May 9 07:05:19 EDT 2006

Hi Ed.

The code that accomplishes this for ka-Map is in tile.php.  Take a
look, use what you need (or use the whole thing).

You need to set the EXTENTS (not EXTEND) of the map.  You can try
using the mapserv cgi if you don't want to use mapscript.  You will
probably want to use the mapserver users mailing list, however.

Some advice on generating tiles ...

1) draw a larger image (by about 10 pixels) than you really need and
trim away the edges before cutting tiles (mapserver has some nasty
edge effects)

2) use "labelcache_map_edge_buffer" "-xx" in the metadata of your web
object in your map file to prevent labels from being drawn too close
to the edge of a tile