[ka-Map-users] Problem in precache2

David Badke dbadke at uvic.ca
Wed May 17 13:52:19 EDT 2006

The "-m mapname" option in precache2 does not work if the map name
includes a hyphen (e.g. my-map) or (I suspect) any character other then
a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and _. ka-Map itself does not object to map names with
hyphens or other non-alphanumeric characters.

The problem is in the regular expression in the statement

            if(preg_match('/\s-m\s+(\w+)\s/', $argString, $matches) == 1) {

The (\w)+ term only matches "word" characters, which are not clearly
defined, but don't seem to include the hyphen. Of course hyphens can be
accepted with

but that only covers the one case. I am far from being a regex-pert so I
can't suggest a better way...

David

--

David Badke