[ka-Map-users] adding layers with MapScript

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Thu May 18 08:08:43 EDT 2006

Gilles,

this is tricky with ka-Map as it is designed around the principle of
a static map file used as a base layer.  However it is possible.

If you are overlaying points, my first suggestion would be to try
overlaying them on the client side using the addObjectGeo function.
The idea here is that you make an ajax call to the server to retrieve
the point data (x,y,attributes) and then create images to place on
the map.  This is typically used in a scenario where the user can
choose to display something in response to some input.

If you really want to create a layer dynamically and render it, you
will need to modify tile.php.  You will also likely need to set up a
custom init.php or some javascript to create a _layer