[ka-Map-users] website with kamap

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Wed Nov 1 13:53:30 EST 2006

 > what we need:
 > - an application thats run faster
 > - simple navigation for users
 > - we need to put a very large kind of layer points, like,
restaurants, hotels, tourist spots etc...
 > - we need some layers too, like national parks.
 > - we want to build in the future a 'search for a place' and go the
point in the map.

I see only a possible problem:
 > -we need to put a very large kind of layer points, like,
restaurants, hotels, tourist spots etc

as far as I know, there are still no public site with such an amount
of layers all "activable".
If you don't group them your ka-map application will become very cost
effective for the browser and for your server bandwidth.
There's some code you can use to manage rendered points like
KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/KAMAP_MOUSE_STOPPED

hope this helps

ciao