[ka-Map-users] Re: partials off for symbols?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Fri Nov 3 16:56:16 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 01:47:46PM -0800, percy wrote:
> Ooops, I forgot to mention that I already cranked up the metaBuffer
> variable from 40 to 80 in the config.php

That's probably the opposite of what you want to do.

ka-Map draws the pixels out to the metabuffer. This means that in those
80 pixels outside your map view, a symbol can be partially drawn. Once
it is drawn, kamap chops the metabuffer off: this is to avoid issues
like:

http://crschmidt.net/blog/archives/154/mapserver-rendering-bug/

So, in those 80pixels, Mapserver is drawing a symbol, and ka-map is then
chopping it.

If you shrink your metaBuffer, this will help you rather than hurt you,
I think. I'm sure paul can offer more insight, but I'm not aware of a
complete solution.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt