[ka-Map-users] "LinkToView" adds additional slashes to URL?

Steve Walker walker at mfgis.com
Wed Nov 15 13:57:32 EST 2006

Hello,

I have been looking at the 'LinkToView' functionality and have observed
that it appears to be adding additional slashes into the URL, between the
port number and the URL path.

I have seen this on my own installations:
For example, after 4 LinkToView clicks
http://mapsachusets.com/Boston becomes
http://mapsachusetts.com////Boston/?map=Mapsachusetts&cps=236146.8474807024,902206.4544751812,3000&layers=Air%20Photo

As well as external sites
http://www.ominiverdi.org///ka-map/ka-map/htdocs/index_winman.html?map=cvs&cps=0,0,100000000&layers=__base__,Countries

Working with the startUp.js script it would appear that the additional
slash is added between window.location.port and window.location.pathname
as below:

var url = window.location.protocol+'/'+'/'+window.location.host
+':'+window.location.port+'/'+window.location.pathname+'?';

I have modified startUp.js on my server to remove this slash to yield:

var url = window.location.protocol+'/'+'/'+window.location.host
+':'+window.location.port+window.location.pathname+'?';

And I believe that I have solved this problem on my site.  However, as I
have modified the init.php scripts specifically to alter the URLs therein,
it is possible that this is just a local fix for me.  But seeing this
effect on multiple ka-map! sites yields me to believe the problem is
universal.

What sayeth you?

-Steve

--
Steve Walker
Middle Fork Geographic Information Services
walker at mfgis.com
360-671-2505