[ka-Map-users] Further highlight questions

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at crschmidt.net
Thu Nov 16 17:53:58 EST 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 11:46:36AM +1300, Cheung Alan Kwok Lun wrote:
> Good Day!
>
> Through Lorenzo's help, I was able to generate to generate XML point
> files that kaXMLOverlay could interpret. However it only works if I save
> the output from queryTable.php as an XML file and have loadXML call it
> locally. I have tried to let loadXML retrieve XML directly from
> queryTable via sessionID and qID,
>
> for example
> myXmlOverlay.loadXml('http://130.216.17.79/kanew/tools/query/queryTable.php?sessionId=f63d67e803378ef3cf9ca02dc52cd8f9&id=0');
>
> if I enter the url directly, the xml would show, but using the syntax
> above no overlay would show up. Anybody has any idea?

Is your page which is tryign to load the XML being loaded from
http://130.216.17.79/something ? If you are trying to load content from
XML using XMLHttpRequest as XMLOverlay does, you need to be requesting
it from the same host as the host of your page, due to javascript
security restrictions.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt