[ka-Map-users] about mapserver: how get maps?

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Oct 18 22:02:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

You cannot legally or technically do this using ka-Map.  However, it
is possible to do it using OpenLayers (www.openlayers.org).  If you
choose to go the OpenLayers route, you can still use ka-Map to
generate and cache tiles coming from a mapserver installation.

If you want to use your own maps, there is some free data available
(vmap0) that goes down to 1:1000000 scale - nothing like Google, though.

<shameless plug>

DM Solutions Group sells data packages prepared for MapServer -
http://maps.dmsolutions.ca/ - these packages will work with ka-Map.

</shameless plug>