[ka-Map-users] beginner´s problem

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Sep 5 11:22:53 EDT 2006

Wesley Mota Araújo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´m studying ka-map as an option to ESRI ArcIMS.As Lorenzo sugested to
> me, I´m reading the book Web Mapping Illustred, but I´m having some
> problems.
>
> I ´ve created a map file, a directory structure for ka-map with my data.
> When i use the shp2img over my map file, it creates an png file as
> expected. But, when i try to run it on ka-map nothing appears.
>
> I ran the init.php and everything works fine, but when a ran the
> tile.php nothing appears again. My map is showed on the combobox in the
> ka-map aqua interface, but i can´t see the map on the screen.
>
> What could be the problem?

The easiest way to debug this type of problem is to start with FoxFire
and Tools -> Page Info and select the Media tab, then scroll down to one
of the tiles and copy and paste the URL for the tile into a new window
and see what it says. If there are errors from mapscript they will be
displayed in the window.

If there are no error and the Media tab says that the image 0px X 0px,
then it is likely that you have permissions problem with apache and the
tile cache.

What system are you running?
What version of ka-map?
etc.