[ka-Map-users] Zoom To Layer

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Sep 13 03:36:31 EDT 2006

One thing we could do is add metadata to each layer in a mapfile that
would define the extent of the layer.  Perhaps using the max_extents
metadata on each layer?

If the $oLayer->getExtent() actually works, then we could do this in
init.php when we are reading each map file anyway, although I expect
this would seriously slow down initialization in some cases.

Using either mechanism, the layer extents could then be passed to
kaMap in the init.php output.  The layer extents would be stored in
each of the _layer objects and then it would be trivial to have a
zoom to layer function in the legend or via some custom scripting.

Patches to implement this would be appreciated :)