[ka-Map-users] Fwd: [webmap-discuss] OpenLayers/ka-Map Merging BOF Results

Paul Spencer pspencer at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 15 08:11:51 EDT 2006

For those not at the FOSS4G conference and not on the webmap-discuss
list, we had a rather large meeting of web mapping client
representatives.  The original intention was to discuss the proposal
to merge ka-Map and OpenLayers.  With a somewhat larger group
present, we broadened the discussion to focus on the creation of a
common map component.  The following summary of the meeting was sent
out on the webmap-discuss list.

For those wondering how this will impact ka-Map, the core ka-Map
developers will start investigating the impact.  My initial thought
is that we can replace just the core tiling engine without changing
the existing interface.  This gives us a huge benefit as we will be
able to focus our limited resources on maintaining other parts of ka-
Map.

More to follow!

Begin forwarded message: