[ka-Map-users] foss4g workshop

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Sat Sep 16 11:45:31 EDT 2006

Foss4g2006 event in Lausanne ended  yesterday.
I personally want to say that has been e great experience.
I'm confident that a new approach of development between all major
web mapping projects has begun.
Just for reference I suggest this two pages that show the minutes on
the two main discussions that involved ka-Map future too:
1) http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G_2006_Tiling_BOF
2) http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/FOSS4G_2006_Webmap_BOF

It has been a pleasure to present the workshop with Paul and Andrea
(finally we met!) and here below there is the link to our common
presentation:
http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/ka-map/presentations/foss4g2006/
foss4g2006.html

In this presentation are available many examples on how to use ka-Map
API. Text, code and examples presented are available on CVS (and CVS
image at ka-map.ominiverdi.org).

For this presentation we've used a Gnu/Linux live CD based on Gentoo
developed by Luca Casagrande (aka doktoreas) that will be soon
available maybe on maptools.org server or with a torrent.

ciao
Lorenzo