[ka-Map-users] search problem with postgis

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Sep 21 11:08:33 EDT 2006

Hi Parwaiz,

>  How search system in ka-map works with PostGIS? I tried but failed
> to get
> any result. With shapefile it is working fine.

Only shapefile part has been properly developed. The PG connection
should be adjusted.
At the moment I've never needed a search system to PG passing from
Mapserver. But it could be useful.

on
tools/search/kaSearch.php
there's no implementation to catch the PostgreSQL connection.
On old code of Paul (xsearch,php) you can find:
if($oLayer->connectiontype == MS_POSTGIS){

      $searchstring = $szSearchfield . ' ~* \'' . $searchstring .'\'  ';

} else {  // Shapefile
}

If you have time to test and debug your contribution will be
appreciated.

thanks
Lorenzo