[ka-Map-users] how to realize such effect

stin wang stin.wang at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 23:25:35 EDT 2007

I'm a little confused about what you say.  Do you mean when i click one
point , it's just ask for a query?

because i think query is just i type in some word, and then something happen
to look up in some tables.

I look through your suggestion and the URL you gave me , but found no
example as i asked.

i think it's very popular application , maybe someone has realized before.
I'm a beginner, so maybe i misunderstand what you say.

2007/8/5, Victor <bobbie at ua.fm>:

> > how to realize such effect. i add some point data, and when i click one
> > point , it's open a new windows do some work(show a image, or execute a
> > python script
>
> Greetings Stin,
>
> what you are asking for, sounds very similar as the Query system described
> on the
> ka-Map WIki:
>
> http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Query
>
> Basically speaking, you should redefine the myQuery function in the
> startUp.js file
> (either tools/kaExplorer or in the aqua UI).
>
> Then, it is possible to use PostGIS functions to locate the point of the
> layer nearch
> which the mouse was clicked.
>
> With best regards,
>
> Victor