[ka-Map-users] Searching on Oracle Spatial and hilite query features

bryn at brynr.ath.cx bryn at brynr.ath.cx
Thu Feb 1 18:21:54 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have a question with regards to the ka-map search system.
I have been able to successfully use it to search on a layer where the
data source is a shapefile, however it doesn't seem to work on layers
where the data source is an oracle database. I have no problems in
actually showing the data with labels, I am just unable to search it!

The relevant section of my map file is shown below in case it is something
I'm not doing correctly here:

LAYER
	GROUP "Provcoupe"
	NAME oracle_test
	TYPE POLYGON
	CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
	CONNECTION "*****/*****@*****"
	DATA "SHAPE FROM PC_A USING UNIQUE FEATUREID"
	DUMP TRUE
	STATUS ON
	TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
	LABELITEM "Provcoupe"
	PROJECTION
		"init=epsg:28355"
	END
	CLASS
		Name "Provcoupe"
		MAXSCALE 50001
		STYLE
			OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
			COLOR 0 128 128
			ANTIALIAS TRUE
		END
		LABEL
			ANTIALIAS TRUE
			COLOR 255 255 255
			SHADOWCOLOR 0 0 0
			SHADOWSIZE 1 1
			FONT "verdana"
			TYPE TRUETYPE
			POSITION AUTO
			PARTIALS FALSE
			SIZE 10
			BUFFER 1
		END
	END
	TEMPLATE "query_template.html"
	METADATA
		opacity "65"
		queryable "true"
		searchfield "Provcoupe"
		fields "Provcoupe:Provcoupe"
	END
END

Ultimately what I would like to be able to do is search for a feature,
then by hitting the 'zoom to' button automatically highlight the selected
feature.
However, my attempts to highlight features only work with the query tool
and then all I can get to (intermittently) work is having *only* the
queried feature render on the QueryLayer (which is what I want), but the
background colour is not transparent (ie I can't see the underlying
layers).

Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Bryn Roberts