[Fwd: Re: [ka-Map-users] Searching on Oracle Spatial and hilite query features]

Gupteshwar Joshi gupteshwar.joshi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 00:27:12 EST 2007

Hello Bryn,
First time I tried so  but wasn't working .
Then tried to find out the how does it skips that layer.
When  debugged the code I get the value "6" as  I said earlier where
my postgis layer was getting skipped. So, I used that value then instead of
the
"MS_POSTGIS".
  You need to find that value I suggest.

Have A Fun

On 2/2/07, bryn at brynr.ath.cx <bryn at brynr.ath.cx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks Gupteshwar for the quick reply.
> I found the line [143] in kaSearch.php which said
> if($oLayer->connectiontype == MS_POSTGIS)
>
> I tried changing this to
> if($oLayer->connectiontype == MS_ORACLESPATIAL)
>
> but to no effect. I assume this is the line you were referring to?
>
> Cheers,
> Bryn

> Subject: Re: [ka-Map-users] Searching on Oracle Spatial and hilite query
> features
> From:    "Gupteshwar Joshi" <gupteshwar.joshi at gmail.com>
> Date:    Fri, February 2, 2007 3:18 pm
> To:      ka-map-users at lists.maptools.org
>
> Hello Bryn,
> I was also facing the same problem , but my side data is PostGIS .
> So , when I tried to find the the problem ,I got that layer connectiontype
> does
> matter in this thing.
> So, when I tried with the extra code as
> if ($oLayer->connectiontype==6) (i.e. for postgis )
> created some array of postgis layer and included that  in the
> search code, now  I could  search in both shape file  and  postgis  data.
> If you could find that connection type for your data then it might work
> for
>
> your side also.
>
> Regards
>
> On 2/2/07, bryn at brynr.ath.cx <bryn at brynr.ath.cx> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have a question with regards to the ka-map search system.
> > I have been able to successfully use it to search on a layer where the
> > data source is a shapefile, however it doesn't seem to work on layers
> > where the data source is an oracle database. I have no problems in
> > actually showing the data with labels, I am just unable to search it!
> >
> > The relevant section of my map file is shown below in case it is
> something
> > I'm not doing correctly here:
> >
> > LAYER
> >         GROUP "Provcoupe"
> >         NAME oracle_test
> >         TYPE POLYGON
> >         CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
> >         CONNECTION "*****/*****@*****"
> >         DATA "SHAPE FROM PC_A USING UNIQUE FEATUREID"
> >         DUMP TRUE
> >         STATUS ON
> >         TRANSPARENCY ALPHA
> >         LABELITEM "Provcoupe"
> [...]