[ka-Map-users] problem with precache

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Thu Feb 22 07:29:15 EST 2007

> I am trying to run precache on my server and it is not working.  I am
> running FGS(Linux) with kamap.  when i try to do precache.php i get the
> following error message:
>
> PHP Warning:  dl(): Unable to load dynamic library './php_mapscript.so' -
> ./php_
> mapscript.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in
> /opt/
> fgs/apps/kamap/htdocs/precache.php on line 53
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function ms_newMapObj() in
> /opt/fgs/apps/kam
> ap/htdocs/precache.php on line 91
>
> what is the problem here? where does php_mapscript.so need to be?

Hi Adam,
the safer way to do your precache on linux I guess is actually
precache_wget.php
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/wiki/index.php/Pre-caching_system#precache_wget.php

actually this file is on CVS repo only. You can download it using a CVS
client or extract it from the "ka-Map daily CVS image" from our site:
http://ka-map.ominiverdi.org/

ciao
Lorenzo