[ka-Map-users] ka-map add on

Lorenzo Becchi lorenzo at ominiverdi.com
Tue Jan 23 13:37:23 EST 2007

I have some code contributed by Sebastien Roch from Geomatic.ch

I'll describe it here below. If there are no oppositions I'll add it in CVS.

1) tile_folder
that's a new LAYER METADATA to choose a common cache folder between
different projects.
es: I have two or more mapfiles with the same background layer and I
don't want to replicate the cache. I just set the same
METADATA
	"tile_folder" "my_common_folder"
END
and the cache tree will be created in the common folder just for that
layer and accessed by both maps indipendently.
path ex:
before: cacheDir/mafile/scale/group/...
after: cacheDir/my_common_folder/scale/group/...

this new code, if all agree, will be added at version 1.1

ciao
Lorenzo