[ka-Map-users] Making multi-lingual map (beginner)

Jithesh Joseph jithesh_joseph at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 00:01:17 EDT 2007

Hello Alex,

You can store the data in SHP files.

Absolutely, Ka-map is a good tool for creating such an application.

You don't need to have separate shp files for storing the GIS data. You may store the labels for different languages in different fields of your data file. Also, you may create different mapfiles for different languages or dynamically change the LABELITEM of the mapfile using mapscript.

Regards

Jithesh
http://www.maptell.com