[ka-Map-users] Raster query with hilite / hilight

SamHiatt samhiatt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 18:23:39 EDT 2007

Hello.

I am new to ka-map and mapserver but I'm quite excited about their
capabilities and potential.  I'd like some help finding which direction to
go to solve a specific problem:...

My map is currently hosted at  http://cyclopod.jql.usu.edu:8080/ka-map
http://cyclopod.jql.usu.edu:8080/ka-map   it's just a one-layer map with a
large 1-band raster.

What I need to do is first, be able to query the map to get the pixel value
of the point clicked...

then, I would like any pixel in the map with the same value to be hilighted.

Currently the color in the map is being defined in the mapfile by assigning
class with a specific color to each of the 90 pixel values.  Perhaps having
this class defined for each pixel value will help me to easily do the
hilight?

Could someone please help point me in the best direction so I can figure out
where to start with this task?  Which functions and javascript files should
I become familiar with?

Thanks,
Sam